More cardio, less weights…. More weights, less cardio…. Which is truly the best combination for you? Depending upon your past injuries, body composition, and overall goals, the answer is different for everyone! Read below the Pros and Cons of each, and decide which is best for you! :)
- Decrease in overall body weight
- Increase in VO2 Max or volume of oxygen uptake
- Increase in blood circulation
- Decrease in bodyfat when performed on an empty stomach or during HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Increase in overall energy
- Increase in endorphins--feel good hormones known to increase happiness
- Increase in EPOC (Excess Post Oxygen Consumption), or increased rate of oxygen intake, allowing your body to burn more calories per hour after exercise (especially high intense interval training)
- Possible decrease in muscle and bone tissue from too much cardio (also subject to proper diet, total calories, and meal timing)
- Increase in risk for injury subject to exercise form, volume of training, and stress placed on joints (especially the knee)--Always opt for cardio that places less stress on joints
- Increase in heart health risk if breathing through upper chest rather than diaghram
- Increase in cortisol (stress hormone) levels
- Possible decrease in overall muscle size--Type II Large Fast Twitch muscles may convert to Type I Small Slow Twitch Muscles
Weight Training Pros
- Increase in muscle tone and definition
- Decrease in bodyfat (subject to proper diet, total calories, and meal timing)
- Increase in BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)--ability to burn more calories per hour at rest
- Increase in overall energy
- Increase in heart health (given proper diet and nutrition)
- Increase in endorphins--feel good hormones known to increase happiness
- Increase in EPOC (Excess Post Oxygen Consumption), or increased rate of oxygen intake, allowing your body to burn more calories per hour after exercise
- Increase in blood circulation
- Increase in testosterone and decrease in estrogen, both affecting overall body composition
- Increase in bone density and strength, thus preventing injury and prospective osteoporosis and osteopenia
Weight Training Cons
- Increase in risk for injury subject to exercise form, volume of training, and stress placed on joints
- Hormone imbalance in females especially, missed periods from too low of estrogen levels, inability to reproduce
Champion Performance Instagram Giveaway (February 13, 2018)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state [regional, provincial,] and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on February 13, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s [or Administrator’s] computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Nutranext LLC, 1301 Sawgrass Corporate Parkway, Sunrise, FL 33323 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Champion Performance Instagram Giveaway -February 13, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence at time of entry, whichever is older. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers and web masters (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, enter by liking and commenting why we should pick you as a winner on the sweepstakes post at http://www.instagram.com/championperformance (“Submission”). Upon completion and submission of your comment, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You may also enter by sending a 3x5 card with the information specified above to Nutranext LLC, 1301 Sawgrass Corporate Parkway, Sunrise, FL 33323. Limit one entry per stamped outer envelope. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. By registering, you agree that Nutranext, LLC may contact you via social media, including on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter by sending you a direct message, tagging you, posting to your social media page or naming you on Champion Performance’s social media page. [Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.] LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the contestant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the Entry Form will be accepted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, [registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor [and/or the Administrator] or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.] You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Sponsor will select the name of potential winners of the prizes in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified via Instagram direct message and/or announced on Nutranext LLC’s Champion Performance Instagram page on or about February 20, 2018. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If a potential winner does not respond within 72 hours after the first attempt to notify him/her that he/she has been selected to receive a prize, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and the entry with the next highest number of “likes” will be selected as an alternate potential winner in his/her place. Any alternate potential winner will also have 72 hours to claim the prize, and must satisfy all eligibility requirements
Except where legally prohibited, each potential winner may be required to complete and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, a[n] Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via social media after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and the entrant with the next highest number of “likes” will be selected as an alternate potential winner. Noncompliance with the foregoing, failure to abide by these Official Rules, or return of the prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and naming of an alternate potential winner. Only three (3) alternate winner selections will be made, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive a tub of Champion Performance® Pure Whey Plus Cocoa Mochaccino with a maximum value of $70.00. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: maximum of $70.00.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person, per household. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, change of air travel fees, ground transportation, automobile insurance, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; [lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware);] technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, [the website,] and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. [BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES WINNER’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING EACH WEBSITE ASSOCIATE WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each entrant understands and acknowledges that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Submission or any material based on or allegedly based on the Submission, and the entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida or the appropriate State Court located in Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners available after March 5, 2018, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by March 13, 2018 to: Nutranext LLC, 1301 Sawgrass Corporate Parkway, Sunrise, FL 33323. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.
Copyright ©2018 Champion Performance®. Champion Performance® and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of Nutranext LLC and/or other companies in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.Continue reading
“Forget it, I just don’t feel like training today.” Sound familiar? We all have those days when we let the weather, the workday, school, and/or relationships affect our overall mood, and deter us from training as a result. So, how do we become a master of our mood to stay on track? Listed below are six ways to stay in the zone for a better workout rain or shine!
This 4 week program is a great way to jumpstart new growth by shocking your muscles from using heavier weight lower reps on some exercises followed by lighter weight higher reps on others. To fully maximize potential growth to a muscle you have to train both fast and slow twitch muscle fibers. That is the reason behind the different rep schemes throughout each workout.
Think you can kick your food temptations and stay on track with your goals? Between the sliders, the chips, the cookies, and the beer, I can tell you right now it's not going to be easy! However... if you're prepared with these staple items in your home, you'll at least feel more in control having healthier options available, and not miss out on your micro-nutrients.
I'll admit I'm not the most domesticated female in the kitchen. However, I DO know what tastes good, the right balance of nutrition, the right foods for energy, and how to whip it up into a meal quickly! Here's one of my favorite protein pancake recipes that's perfect for athletes and anyone looking to get in shape! I would love to hear your comments after you make it... Enjoy!